Model Train-related Notes (a.k.a. “blog”) -- these are personal notes and musings on the subject of model train control, automation, electronics, or whatever I find interesting.
2016-09-26 - Direct Access to NCE QSnap Mk2Category NCE
From both the NCE USB v7 doc (see NCE web site) or from
Example: 0xAD is for switching an Accy/Signal. There is no provision to read the state.
- E.g. 0xAD 0x00 0x03 0x03 0x00 ⇒ throw 0x0003 in normal direction
- E.g. 0xAD 0x00 0x03 0x04 0x00 ⇒ throw 0x0003 in reverse direction
- 0 is an invalid address.
- Max address is 2044 (0x7FC) which is a broadcast address for Accy.
Note: when trying in JMRI > NCE Command, "Binary" means hex without x, seriously \o/ ?
Lockout CV 556:
- Use on Address of input #1, which is 4 for my home one.
- 556 = 0x022C
- 0xAF is Ops ACCY programming.
- AF 00 04 02 2C [0=unlocked | 1=locked]
- This works. It locks buttons out.
- ACCY on controller can still be used to throw turnouts.
That means I can trivially command that from an Arduino and bypass JMRI if needed.